The Mantevo project is an effort to provide open-source software packages for the analysis, prediction and improvement of high performance computing applications.
Goals for the project include:
- Predict performance of real applications in new situations.
- Aid computer systems design decisions.
- Foster communication between applications, libraries and computer systems developers.
- Guide application and library developers in algorithm and software design choices for new systems.
- Provide open source software to promote informed algorithm, application and architecture decisions in the HPC community.
- Miniapplication and minidriver development done by application developers with years of experience.
- Software available as open source.
- Application space coverage includes: Implicit unstructured PDE applications, explicit dynamics (contact), molecular dynamics, circuit simulation.
- Multiple versions of some miniapplications, including MPI, OpenMP, BEC, Qthreads.